I was so excited to participate in the One Room Challenge for my first time with all of my grandiose ideas, lol! I am still excited but the reality is slapping me back into this dimension. I’m running late with this post as it is, but be sure to keep up with the other participants and designers. So much going on! Keep reading below for the current chaos!
You can check out the plan from my One Room Challenge – Week 1 – Master Bedroom to see what I started with.
What we did get accomplished…”Final” Floor Plan
After ordering the larger wardrobes and adding in current furniture for our master bedroom, I laid out the final floor plan to coordinate with last week’s mood board.
There were multiple frustrations as some of the specific details I wanted I couldn’t have unless we went custom. That was a no with our tighter budget so multiple accommodations had to be made.
I was able to work them in though while still keeping the look and feel I was going for, just a bit more time and work.
Painting in Progress…
I chose Sherwin Williams Riverway for the walls. Actually my husband insisted. While he was away a couple months ago I painted our family room this color and he really loved it. It is a deeper blue with a bit of grayish-green undertones that make it surprisingly easy to mix with multiple colors. And we LOVE color.
We used the same tones but a couple of shades lighter to blend the ceiling. We were wanting to cut the contrast a bit and keep it darker since we have an unusual sleeping schedule.
Then we finished off the trim with Valspar’s Chimney Smoke. It had the same undertones without going into the charcoal and black range.
So we did get the larger furniture pieces ordered, walls, ceiling, and trim painted, and closet dismounted. Week 2 complete. Whew!
The Plan Continues…
- Week 1 – Clear out as much as we can and paint the walls, ceiling, and trim. The tone-on-tone painted feature wall hasn’t happened and has changed up plans. More on that later…
- Week 2 (this week) – Purchase wardrobes for much needed CLOSED storage, track down and repurpose some furniture for night tables (and maybe even a chair if I’m lucky!). Still tracking down pieces but found the perfect chair!
- Week 3 – Install lighting and a chandelier makeover.
- Week 4 – Build and install some awesome barn doors to the bathroom and current closet space.
- Week 5 – THE BIG MASTER BEDROOM REVEAL!!!