I am so excited to participate in the One Room Challenge for my first time ever!
There are 20 Featured Designers that you can follow along with on Wednesdays for the next five weeks. Then, check back Thursdays for all of us Guest Participants.
We will all be redoing a chosen room from start to finish in the next five weeks. It is going to be crazy because of course, I have, like everyone, fifty million other projects to finish up as well. You can follow along with the behind-the-scenes on my Instagram stories. Catch the real crazy lol.
What Room Am I Taking On?
Well, here is a hint… We finished the adjoining bathroom a few months ago!
If you guessed our snug Master Bedroom then you’d be right!
I really am embarrassed to even share before pictures for this overstuffed, hodge-podge catch-all of a master bedroom. But it must be done so you can see the challenge that WILL BE surmounted!
Now, we have been renovating our 50+-year-old house hard for the last couple of years. This is the room that nobody else sees so we cram it in! That’s my excuse…er, reason.
So in this compact chaos, we try to catch some sleep on an irregular schedule; like someone is always in here sleeping! It’s hard to organize it in the dark.
That brings me to my next challenge. We need to keep this master bedroom DARK and snuggly to induce that instantaneous sleep.
The Plan of Attack for this Whirlwind Challenge…
You can see my master bedroom plan above has lots of those rich colors that I adore, plenty of dark textures to tone down on light, and several DIY projects…if I can stay on schedule!
Here is an idea of my breakdown for this challenge and what you will see here and on my IG stories:
- Week 1 (this week) – Clear out as much as we can and paint the walls, ceiling, and trim, along with a tone-on-tone painted feature wall.
- Week 2 – Purchase wardrobes for much needed CLOSED storage, track down and repurpose some furniture for night tables (and maybe even a chair if I’m lucky!).
- Week 3 – Install lighting and a chandelier makeover.
- Week 4 – Build and install some awesome barn doors to the bathroom and current closet space.
- Week 5 – THE BIG MASTER BEDROOM REVEAL!!!